Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dinosaurs From Space


[Dinosaucers: cool title, cool theme song]
Written by GL

There's nothing that gets me more than a great old-school cartoon theme song. This morning, I'm in a good mood, so I thought I'd share a rare one that many here in Brunei may not remember watching.

Dinosaucers first aired in 1987 and featured, well, dinosaurs. Except, they're from space. And when you're a dinosaur from space, when you land on Earth, you gotta have an awesome opening theme song.

Just for the sake of information and education, the Dinosaucers theme song was scored by two very famous fellows named Haim Saban and Shuki Levy. I call them famous because they're not only responsible for this theme song but a whole list of more, such as He-Man, She-Ra, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, even M.A.S.K. (my all time favorite opening score). See how much you can learn when you've got nothing to do.