Monday, July 23, 2007

M.A.S.K. Crusaders

[The Original Catalogue: beautiful, so beautiful]
Written by GL

Welcome to another work week folks. The year passes on slowly but surely, and your friends here at Classic Articulation and The House Of El are busy as always bringing you the most up-to-date information possible on superheroes and retro toy culture.

Here, I'm just starting you off real slow and easy with a nice little catalogue from way back in 1985, depicting the very first wave of M.A.S.K. toys. My, but weren't they gorgeous - almost as gorgeous as that Transformers catalogue from several posts ago. I'll admit that the poster drawing is a little McDonald's but, hey, you gotta love it cos you grew up with it.

Have a look and reminisce about old times; perhaps, even count how many of 'em you used to have and count how many times to kick yourself for letting them disappear in some lonely store room or for giving them away to those rowdy little cousins of yours. I know I still kick myself just looking at this catalogue.