Saturday, June 23, 2007

Spectrum Super-Vision


[Youtube: big big-up to them and their endless video listings]

Written by GL

The thing about 80's cartoon theme songs is that you'll only ever remember them if you see that cartoon's opening sequences again. It's very true for me. And, you can't imagine how gut-busted I was when I managed to see this opening once again.

It's been several long years since I last watched anything M.A.S.K. but thanks (a really big one) to my good friend Ethan Hunt, I am proud to announce that we now have the complete collection of M.A.S.K. episodes to rekindle that almost extinguished fire.

The theme song came up as we were scanning through the movie files, and it was then that I knew I had to share this with all of you. Kal-El and I went so far as to search for the lyrics online and proceed to have a screeching sing along.

For your karaoke attempts:

Masked Crusaders, Working Overtime,
Fighting Crime, Fighting Crime!
Secret Raiders Who Will Neutralize,
As Soon As They Arrive, At The Site
Trakker's Gonna Lead The Mission,
And Spectrum's Got Such Super Vision!
M-M-M-M.A.S.K.!!
Is The Mighty Power That Can Save The Day!
M-M-M-M.A.S.K.!!
No One Knows What Lies Behind The Masquerades!
M-M-M-M.A.S.K.!!
Always Riding Hot On V.E.N.O.M.'s Trail!
Come See The Laser Rays!
Fire Away!

Our first attempt without the lyrics sounded a little like the sound a baboon makes as a steam-roller grinds over it's testicles. Watch and enjoy - I, personally, can't get enough of it. However, if watching the opening sequence again and singing along to it isn't enough, you can download it for those short, quick car cruises.

To download different versions (including the original) of this awesome opening theme, head here: All About MASK - Downloads