Warner Bros.' Speed Racer is opening in theaters on May 9 and the studio has been able to nail an awesome lineup of promotional partner-companies, whom will add at least US$80 million in additional marketing support for the film.
We're talking about brand names like McDonald's, Target, Mattel, Lego, Topps and many others that will bait the audiences towards the film.
The marketing line-up includes:
- LEGO is creating four play-sets based around the film.
- Target, which rarely does film promotions, is joining as the movie's official retail partner and, in addition to in-store ads and circulars, offering a gift card that enables consumers to access exclusive footage from the film;
- Puma is designing Speed Racer-themed shoes;
- McDonald's is offering separate Happy Meals for boys and girls.
- Yokohama Rubber Co. and auto parts retailer Autobacs, as well as Brazilian oil company Petrobras and Mexican snack-food maker Bimbo, among others, will also push the movie through ads and other tie-ins.