Sunday, January 13, 2008

G.I. Joe Starts Filming

[Lorenzo di Bonaventura: Power producer]
Written by GL

Bonaventura, the producing head behind the much-expected G.I. Joe live-action adaptation, was recently interviewed and asked certain details about the progress of filming so far.

About G.I. Joe, he says that shooting will start in five weeks, and that you can expect more casting announcements in the next few weeks - as one would expect, due to the fact that the character-lines are near endless.

"It's a tricky balance. One, you want to keep the story elements secret. I can say this very convincingly, if you're a Joe vs. Cobra fan, then you will be feel incredibly happy about the movie. Well, I would say this, it would be more like the original Batman in the sense that you know, it's really taking a comic book. If you would you say the original G.I. Joe movie was like the original Batman movie with Jack Nicholson then I would say this is like Batman Begins."

Let's hope he's better with the production of movies than he is with analogies.