Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Battle Purr-fect

One of the biggest advantages of travelling, for a collector, is the off chance that you might stumble on a unique find that - while you might have been necessarily hunting for it - you instantaneously knew you wanted. 

Lucky me: I managed a trip to Singapore in the first quarter of this year to get away and recharge my internal batteries over a week. Singapore still remains one of my most favorite destinations for hunting; from its (very) simple and relatively cheap public transportation to its variety of places for figures and collectibles. 

Whilst wandering around Singapore and digging through a number of bargain bins, I happened on the below:


While the above pic is a net rip of the Battlecat that I managed to discover (that and the fact that I have yet to snap photos of my own figure), there is no denying that its form, colors and value remain the same wherever you spotted. Needless to say that it has been years since I've gotten my hands on one or managed to physically touch one. Sadly enough that it didn't come with a He-Man or else this retro set could be considered complete !

Now: here's where you, dear reader, jumps in and screams loudly, "I had that !". Well, I'm happy to say that I did too and I do now too.